Welcome to Sapling!
Welcome to our Reception class page! We are the smallest children in the school and are always "busy learning." Miss Latimer is our teacher and Miss Ansell and Mrs Hart are our Teaching Assistants. Throughout the year I will add links and information about ways to help your children's learning at home, as well as keeping you up to date with what we have been doing at school :)
At school your child needs - a water bottle, sun hat, wellies in a bag, a coat, a book bag and a P.E. kit. Please ensure that all of your children's items are clearly named.
On P.E. days, please can you ensure that your child's P.E. kit is at school. It will be sent home at the end of every half term for washing. If your child has earrings, please ensure that these are removed on P.E. days, as they will not be allowed to take part in P.E. with earrings in.
It is very important to us to promote British Values from an early age. This is how we do so:
- Speaking and listening activities promote discussions
- Making decisions together
- Listening to each other’s opinions
- Turn taking, sharing and collaboration
- Freedom for all
- Developing a positive sense of themselves
- We listen to every child through pupil voice
- Through our PSHE curriculum the children’s rights are promoted
- The children are encouraged to make the right choices about how they learn and how they behave
Mutual Respect and Tolerance:
- The classroom rules help children to understand how to share and look after each other
- The children learn about different cultures, faiths and religions. They are encouraged to show respect and tolerance for different people, faiths, cultures and languages
- The children study art and listen to music which reflects multicultural Britain
- The children celebrate special days and festivals throughout the year
Rule of Law:
- The children learn about their rights and responsibilities. They also learn about consequences of behavior and also learn to distinguish between right and wrong.
- The children have agreed to abide by the rules and understand that these rules apply to everyone